|Cordless and Corded Phones||12 months|
|Dash Cams||12 months|
|UHF Handheld CB Radios||12 months|
|UHF Handheld CB Radios – Titanium Series (UH810, UH820 and UH850 Series)||36 months|
|AM CB Mobile Radios||24 months|
|UHF CB Mobile Radios||60 months|
|Scanning Receivers||12 months|
|Marine Radios||12 months|
|Marine Radios - UM355VHF, UM455VHF, UM425VHF||24 months|
|Marine Radios - MHS245, MHS155UV, MHS127, MHS115, MHS050||36 months|
|Baby Video Monitors||12 months|
|Security Products||12 months|
|Antennas (AT, ATS, ATX and Marine Series) – for Fixed Mount Radios||12 Months|
|Antennas – Removable for Handheld Radios||90 Days|
The terms and conditions that apply in relation to the product warranty periods as detailed above are as follows:
|Important:||Satisfactory evidence of the original purchase is required for warranty service|
|Warrantor:||Uniden Australia Pty Limited ABN 58 001 865 498 (“Uniden Aust”)|
Uniden Aust/NZ warrants to the original retail purchaser only that the applicable product (“the Product”), will be free from defects in materials and craftsmanship for the duration of the warranty period, subject to the limitations and exclusions set out below.
This warranty to the original retail purchaser is only valid from the date of the original sale in the original country of purchase for a Product first purchased either in Australia or New Zealand. It will have no further effect after the applicable and relevant warranty time period has elapsed.
If a warranty claim is made, this warranty will not apply if the Product is found by Uniden to be:
- Damaged or not maintained in a reasonable manner or as recommended in the relevant Uniden Owner’s Manual;
- Modified, altered or used as part of any conversion kits, subassemblies or any configurations not sold by Uniden Aust or Uniden NZ;
- Improperly installed contrary to instructions contained in the relevant Owner’s Manual;
- Repaired by someone other than an authorized Uniden Repair Agent in relation to a defect or malfunction covered by this warranty; or
- Used in conjunction with any equipment, parts or a system not manufactured by Uniden.
This warranty covers the Product and included accessories.
This warranty does not cover any claimed loss of or damage to user-generated data (including but without limitation phone numbers, addresses and images) that may be stored on your Product.
If the Product is found not to conform to this warranty as stated above, the Warrantor, at its discretion, will either repair the defect or replace the Product without any charge for parts or service. This warranty does not include any reimbursement or payment of any consequential damages claimed to arise from a Product’s failure to comply with the warranty.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This warranty is in addition to and sits alongside your rights under either the COMPETITION AND CONSUMER ACT 2010 (Australia) or the CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT (New Zealand) as the case may be, none of which can be excluded.
Depending on the country in which the Product was first purchased, if you believe that your Product does not conform with this warranty, you should deliver the Product, together with satisfactory evidence of your original purchase (such as a legible copy of the sales docket) to the most convenient Service Agent or the Warrantor. You should contact Uniden regarding any compensation that may be payable for your expenses incurred in making a warranty claim. Prior to delivery, we recommend that you make a backup copy of any phone numbers, images or other data stored on your Product, in case it is lost or damaged during warranty service.
Please follow the procedure:
1. Identify the location of the most convenient Service Agent for you and check that the nominated Service Agent repairs your type of product by checking the Detailed Directory – Address and Service Facilities
2. Return the unit to the Service Agent. Please ensure you provide evidence of the original purchase (copy of sales docket) and have a full description of the problem.
3. If you have any difficulties with the agent, please ring Uniden’s hotline on Ph: 1300 366 895.
For any goods repaired outside of the original warranty period, the repaired component will come with a 90 day warranty.
The warranty period on any separate accessories purchased is 90 days.