Latest updated date: 18th October, 2021
• MY Uniden +/Plus Mobile App
Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Office: email@example.com
In this policy,
Personal Information: Information that can be used for use individually or with other information or reflects the activities of a particular individual.
Personal Sensitive Data: It includes personal biometric data, exact location information. When we provide you with a specific product or service related to the collection of personal sensitive data, we obtain your consent with significant and explicit notice prior to collecting your personal sensitive data.
Intelligent Equipment: It refers to non-standard computing devices produced or manufactured by hardware manufacturers that have a human-machine interface and can transmit information through a wireless network, including smart cameras, etc.
Application: It refers to a mobile application developed by Uniden, which can help end users to remotely control smart devices and connect to Uniden’s Internet of Things (IoT) platform.
What personal information do we collect?
To provide you with our services, we will ask you to provide the personal information necessary for such services. If you do not provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
Firstly, the information you voluntarily provide to us.
- Account or Personal Information: When you register our account, we may collect your name and contact information, such as your email address, phone number, user name, and login credentials. During your interaction with our products, we may further collect the nickname, avatar, country code, language preferences, or time zone information in your account.
- Feedback: When you use the feedback and advice features in our products, we collect your email address, phone number, and feedback to handle your problems and equipment failures promptly.
At the same time, Arenti collects personal information corresponding and necessary, according to your application products and services.
Secondly, the information that we collect automatically.
- Device Information: When you interact with our products, we automatically collect device information such as the MAC address, IP address, wireless connection information, operating system type, and version, application version number, push notification identifier, log file, and mobile network information.
- Usage Information: During your interaction with our website and services, we automatically collect usage information related to accessing, clicking, downloading, sending/receiving messages, and other users of our website and services.
- Log Information: When you use our application, the system and exception logs may be uploaded, including your IP address, language, version of the operating system, date, or time of access, etc.
Please note that separate device information, service log information is information that cannot identify a specific natural person. If we use such non-personal information with other information to identify a specific natural person or with personal information, such non-personal information will be regarded as personal information during the combined use, except for your authorization or otherwise provided by laws and regulations.
- Location Information: When you open the positioning function of your mobile device through the system authorization and use location-based services, we collect and use your location information so that you can use the focus app to distribute with the smart device. As well as when you use our specific product or service, we may collect real-time accurate or non-accurate geolocation information about you. You can turn off the location service in the system of your mobile device and stop our collection of information about your location.
Thirdly, Smart device-related information.
- Smart Device Basic Information: When you use smart devices connected to our product or services, we may collect basic information about smart devices, such as device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version, and upgrade information.
- Information about Smart Device Reporting: Depending on the different smart devices you choose to connect to our product or service we may collect information about your smart device reports. For example, a smart camera may collect images or videos that it takes.
*Purpose and legal basis for dealing with personal information*
We process your information for the following purposes:
- Compliance: We will process your personal information as we consider necessary or appropriate: (a) compliance with applicable laws and regulations; (b) compliance with legal procedures; (c) responding to public agencies and government authorities; (d) fulfilling our terms and conditions; (e) protecting our operations, business and systems; (f) protecting the rights, privacy, security or property of us and / or other users including you; and (g) seeking the remedies available or limiting damages we may need to provide.
We may also use collect your personal information in other ways, where we will provide specific notice and obtain your consent as required by applicable law. If any change occurs in the purpose of processing your personal information, we will notify you of such changes by email and/or significant notice on our website and inform you of the selection of personal information.
*Who do we share your personal information?*
Uniden only shares your personal information in a way that you know. We will share your personal information with the following participants:
Firstly, we expose your personal information to third-party service providers offering us certain business-related services, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, infrastructure supply, IT services, customer support services, email delivery services, and similar services, thus ensuring that they can provide us with other similar services.
Secondly, we disclose your personal information to customers who directly or indirectly provide you and other business partners with smart devices and/or the networks and systems you use to access and use our websites and sites and services.
Thirdly, we disclose your personal information to the affiliate or other third-party in any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, joint venture, transfer, transfer, or other disposition of any or other disposition of all or part of our business, assets, or shares (including, but not limited to, the above relating to any bankruptcy or similar procedure). In this case, you will receive a clear notice via email and/or our website of the change in ownership, the new incompatibility of personal information usage, and the selection of personal information.
Fourthly, when we consider it necessary or appropriate:
- (a) Compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- (b) Compliance with legal procedures;
- (c) Responding to the requirements of public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside the country in which you reside;
- (d) Performance of our terms and conditions;
(e) Protect our operations, business, and systems;
- (f) Protect the rights, privacy, security, or property of us and/or other users, including you;
- (g) Seeking the remedies available or limit damages we need to provide.
Fifthly, we discover your personal information to the subsidiaries or affiliates of the company to conduct regular business activities.
Sixthly, except for the third parties mentioned above, we only disclose your personal information to other third parties with your consent.
The third-party SDK collection and use instructions
To ensure the stable operation or implementation of the Uniden service, we may have access to the software development package (SDK) provided by a third party to achieve the aforementioned purpose. We conduct strict security testing on the application interface (API), Software Tool Development Package (SDK) for authorized partners to obtain relevant information and prescribe strict data protection measures to process personal information in accordance with this policy and any other relevant confidentiality and security measures.
The third-party SDK we access mainly serves the needs of you and other users. Therefore, we may adjust the third-party SDK we access when meeting new service requirements and business function changes. We will promptly disclose to you the latest status of accessing third-party SDK in this description.
The situation of Uniden’s access to the third-party SDK is as follows (specifically, personal data collection is determined based on whether you use the following third-party services):